Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Spring MVC and Spring Dynamic Modules for modularity Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC and Spring Dynamic Modules for modularity

Hi,

I read lot of articles about Spring Dynamic Modules.

The situation I'm in is like.

I'm developing a web based project using Spring MVC and for modularity based approach using Spring Dynamic Modules.

Now each modules would have its own view pages, dispatcher servlet, config files, controllers and services.

Using Spring Dynamic Modules and OSGi will it be possible to integrate all the modules together?

If yes than how can i achieve it ?

Any input would be of a great help.

Thank you

Spring DM helps Spring/IoC applications inside OSGi - the web integration is fairly basic. However you can take a look at dmServer and its Slices project.

Comment

Hi Costin,

Thank you very much

I read about the slices in spring dm server.

Can i use slices alone without the spring dm server as there is some licensing issue using the spring dm server.

I want my web applucation to be as in the petclinic example

http://blog.springsource.com/2009/06...source-slices/

Can i use only spring dynamic modules and osgi for the web application. Is there any work around?

Like suppose my application has two modules one is the login module and second is the User module.

How should the bundles be created than ?

My login module may have some jsp pages,a application context, a dispatcher servlet, controllers and some business classes.

Similarly my User module may have some jsp pages,a application context, a dispatcher servlet, controllers and some business classes.

And i guess i would have only one web.xml file for the whole application

How can i make the dispatcher servlet of the bundles available in the web.xml file?

Or

Is there any better way how the web application should be divided into different bundles

Any input would be of a great help

Thank you
      Last edited by thanshena; Apr 7th, 2010, 02:45 AM. Reason: Had to add more

Comment

There are various ways to split your applications and it depends a lot on the libraries that you are using. From what you are telling me, Slices sounds like a good solution for your case. Regarding your questions about it, it's best to ask them on the dmServer/Slices forum.

Comment

Working...
        X