Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Filtering bundles in Spring DM extender Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering bundles in Spring DM extender

Hi all,

Our team is developing an Eclipse RCP application that uses Spring DM to manage dependency injection. One of the issue we have is performance, where Spring DM extender tries to scan a large number of bundles during startup (about 100+ bundles need to be activated initially). Out of 400 bundles in our Eclipse RCP application, we only enable few bundles with Spring. I wonder if this is possible to configure the extender, so that most of the Eclipse bundles don't get scan by the extender during startup? Thank you for your attention.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

Currently, there's no support for restrictive scanning in Spring DM. This has been requested before so we might revise adding support for it. Note that this is a generic problem in OSGi with regards to the extender pattern - one cannot detect whether a bundle is of interest w/o looking at it.
    I know there's a spec discussed in the OSGi Alliance about multiple extenders and extender improvements. Could you please raise an issue with your requirements so we can track progress in there?
    I'll have to double check the spec progress and scope to see whether this addresses your issues or not.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X