Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Bundle version and service references Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundle version and service references

I need to somehow lookup services based on bundle version. How do I do that? I am aware of the "service properties" mechanism however, that requires developers to code proeprties for each service entry and that is prone to errros. If we could somehow ues the bundle version to query services it would reduce a lot of overhead.

The easiest way is to add a property to the services exported which indicates the bundle version. In fact, I would suggest that you look at the exported services to see whether a similar property is already there.
    If that's not an option, then you would have to programatically get all the services that match your description, ask for the service reference bundle (the publishing bundle) and then determine the version from there.
    Obviously this is more expensive and complex then searching for a property.

Comment

Working...
    X