Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
My bundle can't find its own source code when building beans Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bundle can't find its own source code when building beans

I have an application that consists of a dozen or so bundles at present. When I try running it, one of the bundles, when Spring DM tries creating the beans defined in my XML, throws class not found exceptions, despite the fact that the class it can't find is in its own bundle. I'll include the stacktrace in hte first reply, as it is long.

I'm developing in Eclipse, and did have an issue where Eclipse, after treating my bundle as any other for a while, suddenly decided it wasn't a bundle and refused to build it because it wouldn't use the Plug-In Dependencies container to provision imports from other bundles, but that is finally fixed.

Still, when I try to start this bundle in Equinox, I get an exception. While the exception itself seems to give no clue which bundle is throwing it, the only currently installed bundle that uses the missing class is the bundle trying to instantiate it.

I checked my bin directory and all of my code has been properly compiled there. I'll include my META-INF/spring/*.xml files below. Note if I comment out the osgi:service for featureManager I get the same stack trace, but missing FeatureManagerImpl instead of FeatureManager.

Thanks,
    Mike

My bundle-context-osgi.xml:
    HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xmlns:osgi="http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
                          http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi/spring-osgi.xsd">

<osgi:service ref="featureManager" 
    			interface="mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager">
    		</osgi:service>

<osgi:reference id="hibernateManager" 
    			interface="mike.test.hibernatemgr.HibernateManager">
    		</osgi:reference>

</beans>
    My bundle-context.xml:
    HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

<bean id="featureManager" class="mike.test.feature.manager.impl.FeatureManagerImpl">
    		<property name="hibernateManager" ref="hibernateManager"/>
    	</bean>

<!--
     	<bean id="eventGenerator" class="mike.test.feature.manager.impl.EventGenerator" init-method="init" destroy-method="stop">
    		<property name="featureManager" ref="featureManager"/> 
    		<property name="eventManager" ref="eventManager"/>
    	</bean>
    -->
    	<bean id="bundleTracker" class="mike.test.feature.manager.impl.BundleTracker" init-method="init" destroy-method="stop">
    		<property name="bundleContext" ref="bundleContext"/>
    		<property name="featureManager" ref="featureManager"/>
    	</bean>

</beans>

the stacktrace:

And my stacktrace:

2009-08-19 18:22:22,946; ERROR [SpringOsgiExtenderThread-14] OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext: Post refresh error
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.osgi.service.exporter.support .OsgiServiceFactoryBean#0': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.lang.Class[]] for property 'interfaces'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:423)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractD elegatedExecutionApplicationContext.completeRefres h(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.jav a:288)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.depende ncies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextEx ecutor$CompleteRefreshTask.run(DependencyWaiterApp licationContextExecutor.java:145)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.lang.Class[]] for property 'interfaces'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager]
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertF orProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:391)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.convertForProperty(Abst ractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1289)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1250)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
    ... 13 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager]
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.resolveClassNa me(ClassUtils.java:233)
    at org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors.ClassArr ayEditor.setAsText(ClassArrayEditor.java:66)
    at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.do ConvertTextValue(TypeConverterDelegate.java:382)
    at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.do ConvertValue(TypeConverterDelegate.java:358)
    at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.co nvertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:173)
    at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.co nvertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:138)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertF orProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:386)
    ... 17 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager not found from bundle [mike.test.feature.manager]
    at org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClas sLoader.findClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java :103)
    at org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClas sLoader.loadClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java :156)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 52)
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassU tils.java:211)
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.resolveClassNa me(ClassUtils.java:230)
    ... 23 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:481)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClass Loader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHos t.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractB undle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1274)
    at org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClas sLoader.findClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java :99)
    ... 27 more
    Exception in thread "SpringOsgiExtenderThread-14" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.osgi.service.exporter.support .OsgiServiceFactoryBean#0': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.lang.Class[]] for property 'interfaces'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:423)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractD elegatedExecutionApplicationContext.completeRefres h(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.jav a:288)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.depende ncies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextEx ecutor$CompleteRefreshTask.run(DependencyWaiterApp licationContextExecutor.java:145)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Comment

Stacktrace part 2

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.lang.Class[]] for property 'interfaces'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager]
      at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertF orProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:391)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.convertForProperty(Abst ractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1289)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1250)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
      ... 13 more
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager]
      at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.resolveClassNa me(ClassUtils.java:233)
      at org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors.ClassArr ayEditor.setAsText(ClassArrayEditor.java:66)
      at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.do ConvertTextValue(TypeConverterDelegate.java:382)
      at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.do ConvertValue(TypeConverterDelegate.java:358)
      at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.co nvertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:173)
      at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.co nvertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:138)
      at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertF orProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:386)
      ... 17 more
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager not found from bundle [mike.test.feature.manager]
      at org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClas sLoader.findClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java :103)
      at org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClas sLoader.loadClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java :156)
      at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassU tils.java:211)
      at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.resolveClassNa me(ClassUtils.java:230)
      ... 23 more
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mike.test.feature.manager.FeatureManager
      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:481)
      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
      at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClass Loader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:313)
      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHos t.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractB undle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1274)
      at org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClas sLoader.findClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java :99)
      ... 27 more

Comment

From the stracktrace, the problem clearly seems to be that the FeatureManager is not found. Since you mentioned Eclipse PDE, I would suggest to get a hold of the generated bundle, see what exactly it contain and what packages it imports/exports.
        My guess would be that for whatever reason, either the bundle doesn't contain the class you mentioned or that it expects to find it somewhere else.
        Note that the bundle classpath might be different, meaning the class might be there (potentially packed) but in different location then the one used by the bundle to load its classes.

Hope this helps,

Comment

Working...
        X