Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
What is the best way to install and start bundles on startup? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to install and start bundles on startup?

Hello,

My application has 20 bundle projects and about 70 dependencies bundles. So it's 90 bundles to install and start in the osgi framework.

I'd like to run this application on a client. But it's really painfull to start the osgi framework (equinox), install bundles and start all the 90. Is there a better way to do that??

* I've tried this approach: http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/documents/quickstart.php, using org.eclipse.update.configurator, but it doesn't start all the bundles.
    * This application isn't a RCP application.
    Last edited by iwlucas; Jul 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Pax Construct

You cold use the tool Pax Construct http://www.ops4j.org/projects/pax/construct/ to start and test your bundles.

Comment

you can try File Install from Apache Felix project.

From the project home page: "File Install is a directory based OSGi management agent. It uses a directory in the file system to install and start a bundle when it is first placed there. It updates the bundle when you update the bundle file in the directory and, when the file is deleted, it will stop and uninstall the bundle."

Comment

In addition to the tools mentioned above, you could check the Spring DM samples which use an equinox configuration file to do the initial platform provisioning.

Comment

Pax Runner is another tool to launch and provision your OSGi container. You can use files to configure it.

Comment

Working...
          X