Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
A typo in OSGi's 3.5.4 Import-Package Header chapter? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A typo in OSGi's 3.5.4 Import-Package Header chapter?

Hi,

I don't know where I could send the question and await a response so I'm sending here hoping it won't break any rules.

The chapter 3.5.4 Import-Package Header in OSGi 4.1 spec reads:

The syntax permits multiple package names, separated by semi-colons, to be described in a short form.

I think it should read "separated by colons" as indicated by its syntax.

The example in this section is incorrect too as it uses semi-colons to separate packages.

Am I correct? I can't believe noone reported it earlier so I'm quite certain I *am* wrong.

Jacek

It is a semi colon (";&quot

When I look at the spec, it looks like a semi colon to me. Certainly not a colon. We don't use colon in the manifest syntax as far as I can recall.

So I guess you are wrong :-)

Comment

Yes, you're right I'm wrong ;-) Thanks. Don't know how I could think otherwise.

Jacek

Comment

Got it! After some more thinking I know what I meant at first ;-)

I thought about the comma (that's "colon" in my previous post). I think the examples should use it rather than semi-colon. Is that correct?

Jacek

Comment

Working...
        X