Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Manifest Change spring-core 2.5.1 to 2.5.5 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifest Change spring-core 2.5.1 to 2.5.5

Hello,

I am just switching from spring version 2.5.1 to 2.5.5.
    In the spring core 2.5.5 Manifest file an entry for:
    Code:
    org.eclipse.core.runtime;resolution:=optional;common=split
    was added.
    I am using the Apache Felix Bundlerepository implementation to bootstrap my OSGi environment and as the
    Code:
    common
    attribute is not in the
    OSGi spec (as far as I know) I get an
    Code:
    org.osgi.framework.InvalidSyntaxException
    Will the import stay this way (why does spring-core have an import for eclipse
    runtime?) because then I have to build my custom spring-core Manifest?

I don't know if the Spring-DM team is responsible for osgifying the spring core libs - but I didn't know where to post elsewhere...

Thanx in advance for any help,

Michael

Michael, you can check the changelog to see why the import was added - it was likely needed to deal with some resource handling on Equinox environments (such as websphere).
    Exported packages can have custom/arbitrary attributes specified which become labels or tags with a user defined purposes. It seems that Felix doesn't support custom attributes for exported packages based on your exception, which are part of the OSGi spec (see section 3.5.5)

Comment

Hello Costin,

thank you for your answer.
      It looks like that the common=split attribute is not the problem but that
      bindex (the tool to generate the repository.xml for the OBR) adds another header that
      causes the exception.
      I posted now on the felix user list to find out more....

Thanx again,

Michael

Comment

Working...
      X