Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Separating Service into API and IMPL Bundles Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separating Service into API and IMPL Bundles

Hello,

Is it possible to separate a service into an API and an IMPL bundle?

e.g.

service-api-bundle
    - interface Service ...

service-impl-bundle
    - ServiceImpl ...

... and then injecting that service into another bundle? So far, I have only been able to get this to work if the API and IMPL are in the same bundle.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
    -- Thomas

I got this work now. I ended up adding all the META-INF/spring/... bean definitions to the interface. I also had an issue with a not proberly configured project. For some reason, it was missing PDE nature so that is a true plugin project.
    -- Thomas

Comment

Hello Thomas!

I have the same problem. I have heard from an OSGi expert that it is highly recommended to seperate each service providing bundle into at least two bundles, one contains only the interfaces and the other one(s) contain the concrete implementation.

I am using the same approach in my project but I always get unresolved dependencies issues and other errors like not being able to access some interfaces.

Can you explain a little bit more what you have done?!? I don't get it exactly!

Thanks for your answer!

Matthias

Comment

Working...
      X