Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Compile time weaving problem Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compile time weaving problem

Hi,

I have a problem running a osgi bundle that has compile time weaving with aspjectj. I am using the eclipse aspectj plugin, when I add AspectJ compatibility it automatically saves the aspectj file in required plug-ins.

When I remove the aspectj capability the bundles runs just fine, but when the aspect is enable it crashes when I start equinox. This is the error message:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'carDaoService': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.lang.Class[]] for property 'interfaces'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [springdm.demo.dao.CarDao]

please let me know if you need more information to understand why it crashes.
    Thanks!

After a bit more investigation it seems that eclipse does not create the .class file at all, even though everything seems fine in the IDE. Any ideas?
    Last edited by jarle.hansen; Aug 21st, 2008, 06:56 AM.

Not really - it might be that everything is created on the fly and then installed into the OSGi platform.
    I haven't used Eclipse PDE that much but Spring-DM at the end of the day is just a bundle so using AspectJ w/ it should be as simple as using AspectJ with any other bundles.
    Try minimizing the sample as much as possible and then start using AspectJ - also consider pinging the AspectJ/Eclipse mailing lists.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I did get to the bottom if this eventually. It was a plugin bug, an old versjon of the aspectj plugin cause this stange behaviour. When I updated the plugin everything worked

Comment

Working...
      X