Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
ClassNotFoundException after upgrade to Spring DM 1.1.1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClassNotFoundException after upgrade to Spring DM 1.1.1

Hi all,

I'm getting a ClassNotFoundException for a bean declared in my /META-INF/spring configuration:

Code:
    Cannot resolve reference to bean 'remoteUserManagementService' while setting bean property 'userManagementService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean] for bean with name 'remoteUserManagementService' defined in URL [bundleentry://41/META-INF/spring/administration-remote.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean not found from bundle [administration]
    My configuration worked with Spring DM 1.0.2. There appears to be no problem loading classes from inside the bundle, but it seems that Spring is unable to load any classes from outside the bundle (other log entries make this evident). The RmiProxyFactoryBean class is certainly available and exported.

I've read over the change logs and I can't find any reason for this to have changed. Can anyone suggest what I might be missing? My framework is Equinox 3.2.2 with "osgi.contextClassLoaderParent" set to "boot". Thanks in advance...

Byron

A class needs to be exported and also imported to be visible to a bundle.
    Regarding the upgrade to Spring-DM 1.1.x, see this FAQ entry:
    http://static.springframework.org/os...upgrade-to-1.1

Comment

Thanks Costin, that is definitely my problem. My imports are generated by bnd on the basis of class content only, so the implicit imports in the spring context are not declared.

Byron

Comment

Working...
      X