Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Logging with Spring-DM and Tomcat-6 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging with Spring-DM and Tomcat-6

I've just updated to tomcat-6.0.16 and tomcat is ignoring the logging configuration. the same configuration with tomcat-5.5.23 works just fine.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
    edgar

Edgar, I'm not very familiar with the changes between tomcat 5.5.x and 6.0.x but the folder structure has changed which implies that some configurations need to be moved/removed.
    A good starting point is probably to compare: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html with http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html.

Hope this helps,

Comment

Hi Costin,
      Thanks for your help
      Tomcat-6 uses java.util.logging and if I want to use log4j I need to build the source distribution of tomcat-6, for this reason I am wondering if there are any documentation on how to make an OSGI bundle of tomcat-6 (Spring-DM compatible)?

thanks in advanced

edgar

Comment

Wasn't there a bridge that you could use to still use log4j instead of juli. Can't slf4j/commons-logging help here?
        For OSGi-fying Tomcat I would ping the Tomcat mailing list or/and use bnd. Additionally you could reuse the existing manifests from SpringSource Bundle Repository though you will have to be very careful with the manifest entries.
        Cheers,

Comment

Working...
        X