Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Eclipse RCP - Spring DM integration Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse RCP - Spring DM integration

Hello,
    Integration Spring DM into Eclipse RCP is not as straightforward as it should be, yet is very useful to be able to do things such as DI for editors and views.

Martin Lippert has came out with an elegant solution to this (org.eclipse.springframework.util) where one declares a view or an editor as a Spring bean, and instructs Eclipse (via the relevant extension points) to use a factory (provided by org.eclipse.springframework.util) + the view/editor bean id.

Anyway, I thought (others too) that such a thing should make it into Spring DM (to conquer the RCP-land after the web one ), and Martin is not against the idea :

In a comment in his blog, Martin Lippert said...
    Hi Derjan,

no, there are currently no plans to contribute this to Spring DM, but if the Spring DM guys are interested in it, I would be happy to contribute. Why don't you submit a JIRA issue regarding this to the Spring-DM issue tracker? That would be nice.

Cheers,
    -Martin
    What do Spring DM users think about it ?

Cheers,
    Jawher.

Interesting idea. I'm not sure though the code should belong in the Spring-DM project itself (the sources do not contain a single import) - this is actually a nice side-effect of decoupling.
    Spring-Desktop might however incorporate this (since it's RCP focused).
    Additionally, the contribution could be hosted at Spring Modules.

Either way, I'm going to put a link to this on the Spring-DM page (www.springframework.org/osgi)

Comment

Working...
    X