Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
OSGI for large web app? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSGI for large web app?

Wondering if Spring OSGI a viable solution for large scale web apps (>300 concurrent users). Anyone here as build a production app using Spring OSGi and deployed in tomcat 6.x or WAS 7.x. How does the performance look like?.

It appears Spring OSGi example comes with Tomcat 5.x embedded inside OSGI environment. Is that the typical way of deploying app or it would be better with OSGI embedded inside the Tomcat?

Thanks,

I had an application with > 100 users in the simplest scenario. But it's not the users like human. Mostly, users are defferent applications. I don't see any problems with performance.

About the second quetsion, I think the better way will be creating your web app and deploy it as the bundle into OSGi environment rather that embedding osgi enviroment inside web app.
    If you'll try to embed osgi container inside your web application, be prepared to solve different classloading issues. You need to configure osgi container properly. This scenario has many risks.

Comment

Thank, Polo.

Is your app a web app? What app server you used, Tomcat 6.x? It tappears to me OSGify app server is tedious and Spring OSGi only comes with GSGified Tomcat 5.x.

Comment

Originally posted by beta View Post
        Thank, Polo.

Is your app a web app? What app server you used, Tomcat 6.x? It tappears to me OSGify app server is tedious and Spring OSGi only comes with GSGified Tomcat 5.x.
        No, I use Jetty instead of Tomcat, but it's very simple to switch between them.

Also, I didn't use plain OSGi implementation with spring. I use Karaf. It has a lot of useful things and web support to.

I used plain Osgi implementation (Felix) with spring-osgi modules and I configured web support as described here but it's very difficult. Karaf is much more simplier.

Comment

Working...
        X