Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Initialize application context manually Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initialize application context manually

Hello!

I'm using Spring in OSGi-based application. Spring Extender creates application contexts automatically when it locates spring-based bundle when it becomes ACTIVE.

But I have a task, when I need to configure bundle before extender will create application context for it. For example, I need to change database settings via ConfigAdmin sevice before starting context.
    In general, I have scenario like this:
    - install and start bundle
    - bundle registers some configuration services.
    - "client" sets configuration settings
    - Configuration service starts application context for this bundle.
    - When settings are updated, service restarts application context.

For now, I can't handle when to start context for bundle or not. Extender makes it for me. Is there any way to handle application context creation/descrution for bundle manually beside creating my own application context inside bundle and import/export services to bundleContext manually?

Thanks.
Working...
X