Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
SpringDM Dead? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringDM Dead?

I'd like to get some insight into the current status of the SpringDM package? Is it dead? Is it not recommended for new development? Is it officially deprecated by Declarative Services? Is it in bug fix mode? Will we ever get new features like proper annotation support (https://jira.springsource.org/browse/OSGI-698)?

Costin or whoever, please, if you can provide any info on this topic it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks

Please use the search this question has been answered numerous times before.

It is dead, it has been donated to the Eclipse Foundation and is now called Eclipse Gemini

Comment

Marten,

Thanks for the answer. I read about the donation several times but it was never clear exactly what that meant. It's still not clear. For example, will we still be able to use other Spring facilities like AOP and the like that we can now? Again, I haven't seen this explained clearly in any one place...

Comment

It is donated as is... So what worked before still works (like in any other OSGi container btw)... I suggest a read of the virgo website, wiki, project start document etc.

Comment

Working...
        X